- 8-10 lbs Pig’s head halved
- 20-25 pcs Thai chilies
- 1 lb Chicken liver
- 3 heads Garlic peeled, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 head Garlic
- 3 bulbs Onion diced
- Scallions finely chopped, save the bottoms for the broth
- 1 knob Ginger peeled and julienned
- 1 stalk Lemongrass crushed and bound in a knot
- 2 cups Soy sauce
- 1 -½ cups Manila Gold calamansi
- Kewpie or mayo as desired
- 6 Eggs
- Oil canola or coconut
- Boil pig’s head with 1 head of garlic, ginger knob, scallion bottoms and lemongrass. Make sure the water covers the entire head. Boil for an hour, simmer for 2.
- Take pig's head our of broth, skim the broth for scum and save for later.
- While pig's head is boiling, cut the peppers, garlic and onions.
- Puree chicken liver, set aside in fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 475F
- After boiling, cut the pig’s head or peel off the flesh: e.g. cheeks, snout, ears, brain Lay out in sheet pan to broil in oven until crispy. Let rest and cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in wok on high.
- Add garlic, onion, let sweat/brown. Lower to medium high.
- Add the crispy pork, add the Thai chillies, toss.
- Add soy and Manila Gold calamansi.
- Add chicken liver. Mix until cooked.
- Crack the eggs, mix until cooked.
- Serve with a dollop of mayo and sprinkle of scallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!