Tocino and Pineapple Fried Rice
- 6 oz Magnolia Tocino cooked, finely diced
- 4 oz shrimp peeled, deveined, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 1/4 cup carrot diced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup peas
- 3/4 cup pineapple diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 cloves garlic large, finely minced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pineapple boats
- Prepare the tocino, shrimp, onions, carrot, rice, peas pineapple, green onion, and egg.
- Heat up your pan to medium high until lightly smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and scramble the egg for about a minute or until cooked. Turn off the heat and break up the egg, transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Turn the burner back on and put in 1 tablespoon of oil, cook the shrimp until they turn pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put the remaining oil to the pan and cook onions until translucent. Add the carrots, tocino, and garlic. Cook until carrots are tender. Mix in the rice and break it up as your stir. Add in the peas, fish sauce, and soy sauce and stir well.
- Once rice has been nicely broken up and evenly coated with sauce add in the sesame oil and pineapple. Top it off with green onions.
- Stir fry for an additional minute or two or until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and serve fried rice into a pineapple boat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!