Instant Pot Tocilong Roulade
- Plastic wrap
- Meat Mallet
- 6 qt Instant Pot
- 1 12 oz pack of Magnolia uncured pork tocino
- 10 oz Magnolia uncured longanisa skinned
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Place tocino in between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap.
- With the smooth side of the meat mallet start pounding the tocino from the middle and then outward.Pounding the tocino will give you an even layer of tocino to wrap the longanisa in. It will also allow you to cook the roulade evenly.
- Once you have an even layer or about 10 inches all the way around, spread the longanisa on top of the tocino evenly.
- Using the plastic wrap as a guide, gently roll the tocino along. Roll it tightly to eliminate any air/space between the tocino and longanisa but gentle enough that the longanisa does not squeeze out as you roll.
- When you get to the end you’ll want to wrap your roulade in the plastic wrap like a burrito but with long ends. You’ll want to make the roulade tight by holding onto each end of the plastic wrap and turning it like a jump rope. The roulade should be tight and less than 8 ½ inches long to fit into your 6 qt instant pot.
- Put your roulade in the instant pot with ½ cup of water. Set your instant pot on pressure cooker mode at high for 20 minutes. Cover the pot and put pressure vent on seal.
- After 20 minutes do a quick release on the seal by turning it to vent. Once all pressure has been released open up the pot and take out the roulade. Simply snip the ends of the plastic wrap and remove the plastic from the roulade.
- Throw out the water from the instant pot and set it to saute and add in olive oil. Put roulade back in an instant pot and cook and rotato until the entire roulade has been caramelized.
- Once you have your desired color on your roulade set on the cutting board and slice into even pieces. Serve with your choice of salad or rice and drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Serve and enjoy with friends and family
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!